Requests & Releases
The National Meningitis Association’s leadership is happy to respond to any media inquiries regarding meningococcal disease and its prevention. Additionally, NMA has advocates across the country who can speak about their personal experiences with meningococcal disease.
For all media inquiries, please contact:
If you have an urgent request, please feel free to contact our communications agency:
NMA Statements & Press Releases
- NMA Supports CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ Permissive Recommendation of Serogroup B Meningococcal Vaccination for Teens and Young Adults
- Recent Cases of Meningococcal Disease on College Campuses Reinforce Need for Education about Prevention
- The National Meningitis Association (NMA) Applauds FDA Approval of Second Vaccine To Protect Against Serogroup B Meningococcal Disease
- The National Meningitis Association Applauds FDA Approval of First Serogroup B Meningococcal Disease Vaccine
- Recent Cases of Serogroup B Meningococcal Disease Reinforce Need for U.S. Vaccine
- National Meningitis Association (NMA) Supports Proposed Legislation For New York Meningococcal Vaccination Requirement
- National Meningitis Association (NMA) Supports the Collaborative Public Health Effort at Princeton University in Response to Outbreak
- ACIP votes to add new vaccine option to recommendations for infants at increased risk of meningococcal disease.
- NMA welcomes a new prevention option that can help protect our youngest children.
- The CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices vote to support meningococcal vaccination of infants who are at increased risk of meningococcal disease.
- ACIP’s Meningitis Vaccination Recommendation
- National Meningitis Association Receives 2007 Aurora Award for Meningococcal Disease Educational Video
- National Meningitis Association Applauds CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices for Its Decision to Expand Adolescent Meningococcal Disease Immunization
- National Meningitis Association Statement on Guillain-Barré Syndrome Alert
- National Meningitis Association Applauds FDA Approval of Menactra Vaccine
- Statement on New England Journal of Medicine article, “The Meningococcal Vaccine – Public Policy and Individual Choices”
- Parents Join Fight Against Meningococcal Meningitis in Newly Formed National Public Awareness Campaign Called Moms on Meningitis (M.O.M.s)